Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Polymer Clay Creations


I finally got my materials! Above I have two cupcakes, a donut and a chocolate chip cookie that I made. As you can see they're fairly small, no bigger than a quarter. They go in at 275 in the oven for 15 minutes, they're super hot when they come out - had to let them cool for 5 - 10 minutes. These little guys are so easy and fun to make! I'll have to post tutorials on how to make some of them as I go... I should have ones up about the donut or cookie sometime soon.





Here are all the materials I used. Top left, is the sculpey gloss that I use over the creation once its cooled from the oven. Next to it is a hardly used eye shadow pallette (used for shadowing the cookie for the 'cooked' effect). Below are all the different colours of bakeable clay I got - the different brands range in price. The red, craft smart, is the cheapest at around $2.29 per 2 oz, and FIMO at around $2.79 I believe. To the right of the clay, I have the tools I used. An unused toothbrush for texturizing, a couple paint brushes and a pencil. Below, I have eye pins for making the creations into charms. To the left of that, I have a bead box and a cutting tool used for cutting the clay.


All of the above supplies were purchased at Michaels (excluding the tooth brush, pencil, paint brushes, beads.. got them at the dollar store, and eye shadow pallette) for a little less than $40.


...If I don't post again before Christmas, Merry Christmas! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment